Jan 27, 2010

I was a strange kid...

As a youngster, I was obsessed with sports. But many times, I was just as interested in a team's logo, color scheme, and uniform, as I was in the respective sport they played (is it any surprise I'm into design?). My interest in sports logos led to many of the odd-ball projects I took on as a kid (from creating fake sports leagues with fake teams with fake logos to making a baseball board game with a friend).

One of my favorite projects, however, is still the set of hand-drawn, colored-pencil MLB logos I created in order to keep up with the Playoffs:


These were spread all over my bedroom floor during Playoff season.

 
As you can see, this set was for the 1999 season (I was 13).

I also made a matching set for the NFL (this time using magic marker). I don't know why some teams are mysteriously missing...maybe I lost them:



(sorry for the poor quality)
_

2 comments:

anna said...

i concur on the strange kid thing.
but i'm excited for you to see traces of your current interest stemming all the way back to childhood.
and poor quality photos? maybe you should ask your oh-so-helpful girlfriend to take your photos.
:)

Anonymous said...

How great! I remember that. The teams you are missing didn't make the playoffs that year. You only made the contenders, I believe.