Nov 17, 2009

Parkside Student Ministry Logo

I have been working on a new Student Ministry logo for the folks at Parkside Baptist Church in Texas. I was given the idea of the ministry being "deep and wide."After brainstorming, sketching, and playing with the concept of "deep and wide" (as well as being heavily influenced by the work of Herb Lubalin) I came up with a couple of concepts to convey the idea (do you see the deep and wide?):

[Roots!]

 
























[Sans-roots!]

























Roots or no roots? Which is better. I am torn. Post your opinion.


See previous posts about Parkside Student Ministry: [Throwdown] [Throwdown Update]

3 comments:

Christy said...

I like the roots!

Jon said...

if you do decide on the roots I like the way they flow on the first T more than the other 2, nice looking logo though...

-Jon Q.

Anonymous said...

What if you put arrows going down on the second option without roots? (representing deep) Although I like the roots?
Bob